Educating for Sustainability
Uniting The World For Our Planet And Our Future
Climate change is the defining challenge of our time. We have all experienced its impact to some degree, but we know that the most significant fallout of climate change will unfairly and disproportionately affect future generations.
As educators, we have a moral imperative to prepare young people for what lies ahead. And that is why sustainability is at the heart of everything we do at UWC.
Our mission to make education a force for peace and sustainability calls us to lead the way as we equip students with the skills, knowledge and applied experiences to become ambitious, resourceful and inspiring changemakers.
Climate is changing the game; education must change as well. To thrive in careers unknown to them, young people need a framework as dynamic, adaptable and interconnected as the global challenges they face. They need the freedom to discover, explore and extrapolate. They need to witness their diverse, purposeful, and sustainable actions positively impact our planet. These lessons must go beyond theoretical and become experiential.
Delivering sustainability education requires agile, innovative teachers whose commitment extends beyond the curriculum. They must embrace a holistic approach, which seeks to understand, acknowledge, mentor and support a generation facing global challenges on an unprecedented scale.
When education, youth and opportunity converge – powerful, systemic changes occur. Our challenge is to ensure these powerful forces continue to converge on our campuses for generations to come.
- Young Aurora Finalists Champion Humanitarian Causes
- Environmental Engineer With a Can-Do Mindset
- Climate Warrior From a Small Island with a Big Voice
- The state of the natural world is directly linked to our well-being as human beings says UWC-USA alum
- Li Po Chun UWC Hong Kong alumna turns waste into luxury goods
- Reimagining Tomorrow's Climate Change Action
- Two Alums Bringing The Climate Crisis to the International Court of Justice
- UWCers Unite to Help Curb the Effects of the Mauritius Oil Spill
- UWC Alum At The Helm of Fridays For Future