How to Apply
The UWC movement seeks outstanding students who want to become changemakers for a better world, no matter their socio-economic, religious, national, ethnic or cultural background. If you are a passionate learner, excited at the prospect of studying and living with young people from around the world, a UWC education is for you. If the UWC mission for a more peaceful and sustainable future inspires you, please apply!
There are a number of ways to experience UWC:
- IB Diploma Programme (IBDP)
- Available at all UWC schools and colleges
- A two-year pre-university programme for students aged 16 years and above
- Pre-IB Year
- Available at a number of UWC schools and colleges
- A one-year preparatory programme for students aged approximately 15 years
- Younger Years
- Available at a number of UWC schools
- Age of students varies by school but ranges from 18 months to 15 years
- Short Courses
- Delivered by UWC schools and colleges, national committees, alumni or partner organisations
- Usually held outside of the academic year for one to two weeks
- Age of students varies by short course
Each of these UWC programmes selects participants according to UWC’s selection criteria.
"The striking feature of the United World Colleges is that they embrace the entire world across all divides of race, history, culture, wealth, religion, economic status and political belief."