Short Courses & Summer Programmes
What could you achieve to make the world a better place in just a matter of days or weeks?
At UWC, we believe that the answer is “a huge amount”. That’s why we offer short courses around the world. In just one to three of the most exciting weeks of your life, you’ll experience the opportunity to:
- pursue a passion to progress global peace and sustainability
- work on a campaign, cause or immerse yourself in a new community
- develop your leadership and changemaker skills.
Our short courses and summer programmes offer you everything that makes the UWC movement and school experience unique, but without the academic programme.
On your short course, you will explore, live and share experiences with 30-60 other students from around the world. You will leave with new friends, new views, new skills, and a renewed belief that you can change communities for the better.
"It has been a life-changing experience… I thought I was open-minded before coming here but this short course has really raised the bar."
Read what others had to say about their short course experience.
Find the short course for you
- By country
- By theme:
- Courses last one to three weeks
- Most courses are held June - August, with some also offered in December
- Places are limited
- Age limits vary by course, but we offer programmes for 13 - 20-year-olds
- There is usually a fee to attend to cover tuition, accommodation, meals and experiences
- Some funding is available on a course-by-course basis
- Participants must usually cover their own travel costs, visas and spending money.
Each short course has its own admissions process. If you are interested in participating in a UWC short course please visit Current Short Courses to find out about each of this year’s courses and to apply.
Are you a teacher and know a student who wants to make the world a better place? Have a look at our dedicated page with information you can use.