Skip to content ↓

Reporting System

We welcome any member of the UWC community or other individuals who wish to report an experience of sexual misconduct, harm, abuse or neglect to do so at any time through the UWC school or college concerned or through the Safeguarding reporting mechanisms provided by UWC International.

Individuals who choose to come forward can do so knowing that we are here to listen to whatever experience they choose to share, will always take them seriously and will follow up to help ensure the safety of our whole community.  

If you have any question or concern regarding Safeguarding, you can contact UWC International via the  Safeguarding Officer Philine Nau by writing to

Reporting to a UWC School or College 

As a current or former UWC student, we urge you to consider your UWC school or college as your first point of contact in the case of any Safeguarding concerns. You can find information about whom to contact on each UWC school or college website. The Head of every UWC school or college can also be contacted with any concern. 

Reporting to UWC International  

Any member of the UWC community (including students, applicants, short course participants, alumni, volunteers and staff members) and in particular those UWC community members who are not directly affiliated with a particular UWC school or college, may contact UWC International with any Safeguarding concerns. 

You can either contact Philine Nau, Safeguarding Officer of UWC International, directly via email at or make use of the UWC Safeguarding Support Online Platform, and the  UWC Safeguarding Support Phone Line

The Online Platform and the Phone Line are provided by an external provider, ExpoLink, and can be accessed from anywhere in the world by any member of the UWC community. 

When using the Online Platform or the Phone Line, both made available by UWC International, an individual can decide to come forward by disclosing their name to  ExpoLink only. Please note, however, that it may be more difficult to investigate in depth and determine appropriate action based on anonymous reports and that we therefore encourage you to share your name and UWC affiliation. All information received - including your name and affiliation with UWC - will be treated with the greatest possible confidentiality based on applicable laws and regulations. Allegations and disclosures regarding incidents at UWC schools and colleges will be passed on to that UWC school or college at the appropriate level: typically to the Designated Safeguarding Lead and to the Head, or, in case of a report concerning the Head, to the Chair of the school or college Board. Your name will be passed on to the school or college as well, unless you have specifically stated that you do not want your name to be disclosed. While further action will be taken by the UWC school or college concerned, the UWC International Safeguarding Officer will monitor such actions for timeliness and compliance with the UWC Common Standards for Safeguarding

Please note that UWC International is not in a position to investigate specific allegations related to incidents at UWC schools and colleges, nor is it in a position to offer support such as counselling. If the UWC International Safeguarding Officer finds that an allegation or disclosure has not been addressed in line with UWC policies and procedures and in particular with the Common Standards for Safeguarding, the matter may be referred to the UWC International Board as a Situation of Concern. 


UWC Safeguarding Support Phone Line

The UWC Safeguarding Support Phone Line operates in English at this point and we will soon add options for a wide range of other languages. Depending on the country, calls to the Phone Line are either free or local or national call rates apply. All numbers can be found here.


UWC Safeguarding Support Online Platform 

Use of the Online Platform is free of charge. The Online Platform is available in English and will soon be available in a wide range of other languages. The Online Platform can be accessed here

You can also download and use the app: “SpeakingUp” (iOS or Android). After downloading it, you will need to enter this access code: uwcsafeguardingsupport.