Leadership and Social Change / Costa Rica
15 - 24 July 2019
Co-facilitated by a team of UWC alumni and volunteers, the UWC Costa Rica Summer Program on Leadership and Social Change promotes the core values of the UWC movement. Participants will:
- Meet social entrepreneurs and learn from their personal stories
- Visit local communities where projects are taking place
- Engage in interactive group activities to develop leadership skills and to solve chosen problems using design thinking, collaboration, and creativity
This 10-day program will challenge participants, through experiential education, to engage with social justice issues on a local and global level, developing leadership and critical thinking skills.
Our Educational Model
Based on the experiential educational model followed by UWC International, our Summer Program aims to provide young people with the opportunity to learn about:
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Intercultural Communication
- Costa Rican Culture and Lifestyle
Dates: 15 - 24 July, 2019
Location: UWC Costa Rica, Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Application information: Apply here.
Course fee: $2,000
Eligibility: Students aged 13 - 17 years
Scholarship availability: A limited number of partial scholarships are available upon request, to be awarded based on need and merit. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website: UWC Costa Rica Summer Programme
Email address: email@example.com.