Various Teaching Positions
Join the team at UWC Mostar!
UWC Mostar seeks to appoint dedicated and inspired educators who are committed to the intellectual, social, and ethical development of students and who recognize that learning also takes place beyond the classroom. UWC Mostar values candidates who are drawn to the particular educational experience of the United World Colleges, and to UWC Mostar’s unique mission within the movement.
Available full-time positions starting August 2020:
- Teacher of IBDP Mathematics (combined with one section of IB Physics SL)
Available temporary cover (August - December 2020)
- Teacher of IBDP English B - this short-term position may be extended until May 2021. The details and confirmation of an extension will be discussed with the hired candidate.
Tentative full-time teaching positions starting August 2020:
- Teacher of IBDP English A Language and Literature
These vacancies will be confirmed by 1 March 2020. Candidates are invited to express their interest in either of these two posts by submitting the required documentation.
Minimum qualifications for all positions:
- A degree in the subject or relevant fields.
- Proven fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven use and integration of IT skills in the classroom.
Qualifications that would be an advantage:
- Previous teaching experience, ideally in the IB Diploma Program.
- Readiness and qualifications to teach ToK in addition to the subject advertised.
- Previous experience working at United World Colleges or IB schools.
- Willingness to assume pastoral care duties as house parent.
- International mindedness and ability to work well in a multi-cultural environment – working experience outside the home country is strongly preferred.
Other desired qualifications:
- Professional teaching qualifications.
- Commitment to UWC mission and values.
- Willingness to engage students beyond regular classroom hours.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in the school’s Co-curricular program.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send the following documents to email@example.com:
- CV (maximum 2 pages).
- Brief cover letter.
- Contact information for two referees.
Applications for all the positions will be open until Monday 24 February 2020. Please specify the title of the post in the subject line.
UWC Mostar is committed to safeguarding our students and the children and young people in Mostar. All our staff members are expected to share that commitment. Successful applicants for a position at UWC Mostar will undergo background checks, including reference requests from past employers as well as checks with law enforcement authorities and other governmental agencies.