NCFP Organizational Consultant
Title: NC Fundraising Programme Organisational Consultant
Location: Lebanon, ideally Beirut
Duration: full-time, 226 working days; (7.7 hours/day)
UWC makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. To fulfil its mission, UWC has 18 schools worldwide, alongside over 155 mostly volunteer-run national committees which select qualified students to join for IB Diploma Program. The UWC International Office is the executive arm of UWC International, a UK registered charity, and is situated at the heart of the UWC movement. It is currently located in an office in central London (a second office will soon be opened in Berlin). The UWC International Office collaborates closely with all stakeholders from across the UWC movement, engages the UWC alumni community of more than 50,000 members and serves UWC International’s governance bodies. Responsibilities include global fundraising, global communications, promotion and marketing, supporting the national committees in their daily work and growth, global strategy development and implementation and assisting the schools and colleges. Philanthropy is one of the core functions of the UWC International Office, as over 80% of national committee selected boarding students at UWC schools and colleges receive a scholarship to enable access to a UWC education independent of socio-economic means.
Description of Services/Project
Provision of fundraising development and capacity building services for approx. 40 UWC National Committees around the world in the Fundraising Programme, under the supervision of the NC Development Consultant, to be located in the same country.
The consultant is expected to support work more narrowly related to fundraising:
- Chiefly responsible for crowdfunding campaigns in multiple countries
- Help to build alumni databases, including identifying senior alumni who may be helpful for fundraising
- Promote the call for applications, particularly with NCs whose low applications numbers make fundraising difficult, including management of social media and communication with potential applicants/families during promotion
- Where possible, provide support for legal registration/clarification of legal status and accounting
- Additional work related more generally to the National Committee Fundraising Pilot Programme
Additionally, the consultant will support the more general administrative work related to NC operations, so that senior NC members can focus on fundraising:
- Coordination of selection process
- Preparation for nominated students, including visas, travel coordination, communication with schools and colleges, etc.
The person we are looking for should have the following:
- Some experience with communications and social media management, and ideally with crowdfunding campaigns
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detailed oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- IT fluency, particularly with the Google Drive suite
- Experience of problem solving and working on various projects with competing deadlines
- Bilingual English and one other language
- Able to work independently and with volunteers in multiple time zones
Location and supervision
This position will work with the National Committee Development Consultant in Lebanon, who is responsible for the NC Fundraising Pilot Program.
Please send your CV with a covering letter (each no more than two pages) that relates your experience to the requirements of the role to email@example.com.
Please also provide the name, roles and contact details of two referees. We will not contact them without letting you know.
Deadline for application: 5 pm, Friday, 17 January 2020. The interviews will take place the week beginning 20 January 2019, in London or via skype.