Marketing and Communications Coordinator
25 November 2019
UWC Costa Rica
Bachelor's Degree in marketing and communications, management or related fields is preferred. Masters degree is desired.
Experience with successful project management and managing external stakeholders.
Minimum five (5) years recent related experience in an office environment.
Bilingual Spanish, Advanced English (90-100%) both speaking and written skills
- Excellent ability to create content based on pre-existing knowledge
- Ability to produce high-quality work, meet critical deadlines, and pay attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to use good judgment in the establishing priorities and assessing difficult situations
- Ability to multitask
- High degree of accuracy, discretion, and confidentiality is essential
- A proactive approach with a “can-do” and flexible attitude
- A self-starter, with a determination to succeed
- Ability to work independently, on own initiative, as well as part of a team
- A professional and mature approach to work with an ability to build strong rapport with a broad spectrum of people.
- Create and execute an integrated and strategic marketing strategy and ensure that the UWC Costa Rica brand, brand values, and key message are consistent and clearly communicated.
- Promote and enhance UWC Costa Rica’s profile locally, nationally, and internationally, thereby supporting the school’s fundraising capacity and enrollment in all programs.
- Communicate systematically and strategically with key constituencies.
- Position UWC Costa Rica so that it attracts prospective new students, potential new donors, and prospective outreach customers.
- Engage with supporters, prospective students, parents, alumni, and friends, as well as other audiences in order to advance the UWC Costa Rica mission. The coordinator is responsible for all marketing and communications.
PROCESO CLAVE / TASKS AND FUNCTIONS
- Develop a deep understanding of the community in order to identify the most effective methods and timing for communicating with each stakeholder group on topics ranging from policy and program updates to promotion of donations.
- Plan, design, develop, implement and analyze all official marketing and communications strategy for UWC Costa Rica, with particular attention to efforts that advance our mission under a consistent message and reinforce a unified brand.
- Manage social media platforms to encourage engagement with UWC Costa Rica.
- Oversee relations with external professional service providers (printing, video, photography, design, etc.) to promote and ensure a multidisciplinary and collective marketing and communications strategy.
- Manage the production of all printed and online publications including the school profile, impact reports, and newsletters while responsible for copywriting.
- Lead the communication and public relations needs of the Head of school and senior leaders, and managing relations with UWC International through school updates (video, photos, best practice sharing, and website updates).
- Lead the crisis communication process should the need arise. Ensure senior colleagues are media trained to promote areas of thought leadership and to respond appropriately.
- Support the wider Development Department planning through contributing creative ideas and demonstrating awareness of appropriate networks and organizations to build external intelligence.
- Support other senior leaders to ensure high quality, effective communications for external audiences.
- Establish a solid working relationship with a network of journalists and maintain a database of press contacts in national and international media through the creation of press releases and other media-related needs.
- Contribute through internal communication programs that allow the development of culture and community within the school, providing channels and tools that link different stakeholders.
- Sponsor the Social Media CAS (student activity) to develop and maximize applicable student skills in the areas of content creation, and marketing and communications.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com