IBDP English Teacher
22 November 2019
Join the team at UWCD!
Job Title: IBDP English Teacher
UWC Dilijan College is looking for an experienced and committed candidate to fill in
the position of IBDP English Teacher with experience of teaching English A
Language and Literature and also English B to join in January 2020.
UWC Dilijan – one of the 18 United World Colleges – is an intentionally diverse
international boarding school in Armenia. It first opened its doors in August 2014 and
now has 229 students (16 to 18 years old) from 88 countries, studying for the
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
We believe that education is “a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace
and a sustainable future” (UWC Mission Statement). We are a caring learning
community that aims to support the intellectual, moral, emotional, social, spiritual and
physical development of our members following the UWC educational principles and
UWC Dilijan is also part of a wider network of organizations that work to transform
Educators at UWC Dilijan have a wide and varied role: beyond the classroom, they
also take part in our outdoor education program, CAS program, act as mentors and
participate in our residential life programme. There are ample opportunities to get
involved in the UWCD community in Dilijan and beyond. We encourage you to
browse our website and social media feeds to learn more about us.
- To become involved in different areas of the College life: academic, activities, outdoor programme, personal and social education, residential life and service.
- To operate both as an individual and as a member of different functional collaborative teams.
- To promote a challenging education that uses the student diversity as an asset.
- Others, depending on the position.
Personal and professional specifications:
The list below is offered as an indication of our expectations. We are aware that we
all follow our own personal paths and have our own strengths and weaknesses.
Please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about
- Commitment and passion for education and inspiring students: at least three years of teaching experience; experience in teaching the IB Diploma Programme would be an advantage.
- Proven successful experience of working with children and adolescents (other relevant experience outside schools will also be considered).
- Previous safeguarding training would be an advantage, otherwise appointed candidates will be expected to undergo initial training before joining UWCD
- and further training while with us.
- Undergraduate studies in the relevant field; postgraduate studies in education, counseling, or similar areas would be an advantage.
- Understanding of and/or readiness to join a residential school.
- Open-mindedness and ability to work in an international, intercultural environment
- Excellent knowledge of the taught subject. The ability to teach more than one subject and to lead different activities would be an advantage.
- Professional proficiency in English. Proficiency in other languages as well as intercultural experience is desirable.
- Previous involvement in both the International Baccalaureate and the Council of International Schools (as an examiner, workshop leader, visiting team member, etc.) would be an advantage.
- First and foremost, the opportunity to work with truly diverse, academically and socially motivated and talented students.
- A two-year contract renewable by mutual consent.
- A competitive salary paid in equivalent Armenian Dram.
- Rent-free accommodation on or off-campus (depending on the role) including utility bills and free meals in our canteen (also for dependents).
- An annual travel allowance and relocation allowance at the beginning and end of contract.
- Usage of the school’s excellent facilities, including an indoor swimming-pool, gym, theatre, workshop and art studios.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Private medical and travel insurance.
- Armenia has much to offer whether you are interested in nature, history, culture... Located in the Caucasus, the region is developing and there are myriad opportunities to explore it. Learn more about Armenia and UWC Dilijan
Being an intentionally diverse community, we welcome applications from
qualified candidates from all cultural and educational backgrounds. If
interested in different positions, you are encouraged to make joint
applications. All applications have to be submitted electronically via
email@example.com before midnight on November 15 th (UTC +4). Please
specify the title of job/s in the subject line.
UWC Dilijan is committed to safeguarding our students and visitors. An
application for a position implies explicit consent to undergo thorough
background checks and screening. Successful candidates will be subject to
background checks, including reference requests from previous employees as
well as a security check.