IB Economics Teacher
23 September 2019
UWC Robert Bosch College
UWC Robert Bosch College Freiburg seeks a dedicated and inspired educator who is committed to the intellectual, social, and ethical development of students. UWC Robert Bosch College values candidates who are drawn to the particular educational experience of the United World Colleges, and to UWC Robert Bosch College’s unique mission within the movement.
From January 2020 UWC Robert Bosch College is seeking qualified candidates (m / f / d) for:
IB Economics (80%)
(40% six-months maternity leave cover, plus 40% initially on a two-year contract renewable
by mutual consent)
Successful applicants are likely to hold these qualities:
- An internationally recognized teaching qualification for senior secondary schools; alternatively, sometimes the Authorities will recognize a Master’s degree in the subject to be taught. For German applicants, the Authorities generally require a 2. Staatsexamen;
- A recognized academic degree in the academic subject;
- Commitment to UWC mission and values;
- A demonstrated passion for teaching and learning in a multicultural context;
- The ability and willingness to teach more than one subject and active participation in our CAS program;
- Willingness to engage students beyond the classroom;
- Adventurous, challenge-seeking spirit;
- International mindedness – international experience is considered an asset;
- Experience in a UWC or IB school is considered an asset but is not a prerequisite.
All applicants should have passion for teaching the subject to highly motivated 16-19-year-old students. In addition, faculty and students at UWC Robert Bosch College see education extending far beyond the classroom. All teachers are expected to lead by example and partner with students in their engagement with the community, locally, nationally and internationally.
UWC Robert Bosch College offers to its employees the opportunity of broad individual professional development, the participation in an inspiring school community and a working place in an outstanding environment in one of the nicest cities in Germany.
Interested applicants should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- brief cover letter
- contact information for three referees
- a succinct statement of commitment to the UWC mission of peace and sustainability