18 September 2019
UWC East Africa
The Communications Officer at UWCEA is responsible for keeping the UWCEA community (students,
parents, alumni and donors) closely connected and well-informed about the school through UWCEA
communications material and channels.
- Develop a social media strategy, manage existing social media accounts and other forms of social media to develop.
- Maintain the school website and look for opportunities for improvement.
- Collect interest stories from day to day school activities on both Moshi and Arusha campuses.
- Work with fundraising staff to craft messages and prepare strategies aimed at improving the school’s fundraising success.
- Work on school magazine: write and edit articles, work with designer and printers.
- Develop branded merchandise according to school’s branding guidelines.
- Draft press releases and other media and information materials such as speeches and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Maintain basic systems such as the photo library and maximize use of materials available including obtaining and sharing images from the school community.
- Stay up to date with developments in e-communications, social and audio-visual media and website development, and ensuring this knowledge is shared and used.
- Handle communications aspects of crisis management.
- Undertake any other appropriate work as instructed by the Advancement Officer and cover for other members of the team as required.
Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Excellent computer skills; ability to work with editing software preferably Photoshop and Davinci
Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize goals.
Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Photography and videography skills would be a considerable advantage but not required.
Education and work experience
2 or more years’ experience in non-profit communication.
A letter of interest, CV and list of references may be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org and
copied to email@example.com . Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.