Mini-UWC Summer Programme, UWC Changshu China
Mini-UWC Summer Program is a 9-day UWC short course organised by the All Students for Action Program (ASAP) at UWC Changshu China. During the program, campers have the chance to experience authentic UWC life. A highlight of the program is that campers will initiate social service projects to showcase at the end of Mini-UWC. When campers return to their own communities, they will bring back those projects and spread positive changes in their own communities.
The theme for Mini-UWC 2019 is “YOUth In Action,” emphasising the power of teenagers gathering together to inspire change. Each day will have a specific theme that builds up to the goal of initiating actions. The “YOU” here speaks to everyone, every individual who has the passion and idea to make our world a better place.
We are looking for passionate and insightful counsellors all around the world. Counsellors will be able to design and facilitate activities as the tutors of campers.
- Facilitate discussions in workshop sessions
- Guide campers in the project development process
- Plan and lead camp activities to both big and small groups of campers
- Accompany campers on a field trip
- Guide daily reflection sessions with campers
Qualities we are looking for:
- Fluent in English
- Willing to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Experience in planning and delivering community projects
- Passionate and enthusiastic
Date of Mini-UWC 2019: 28 July 2019 - 10 August 2019
- Free accommodation and meals in UWC Changshu China
- An allowance will be provided
- Needs-based transportation allowance may be provided to cover partial transportation
- fee. Relevant documents may be needed. Contact us for more information.