Director of Technology
UWC Changshu China
Director of Technology
A new position of Director of Technology (DoT) has been created in recognition of the key importance of technology in a learning organisation. The office holder will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team (Heads Committee) reporting directly to the Principal and working closely with the Bursar and Vice Principal (Education). The DoT provides dynamic, responsive, collaborative and forward-thinking vision, leadership and management of technology systems and educational technology services to support the mission and goals of UWC Changshu, functionally, educationally and administratively. This includes the planning, development, implementation, management and maintenance of all applications, infrastructure, security, networks, technology training, as well as comprehensive support for teaching and learning activities of faculty and students. This will potentially involve the creation of a purpose designed information technology system for UWC Changshu and affiliated schools. It includes evaluation of personnel working in the Technology Department, with leadership to maintain a safe and secure campus wide technology service.
- Proven experience as Director of Technology (or similar role)
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks, security, telecommunications, databases and storage systems
- Solid working knowledge of all relevant coding languages and security protocols
- Strong team oriented, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in controlling technology budget
- Minimum ten years’ experience working in IT operations
- Minimum four years’ experience overseeing IT teams and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field (post graduate degree a plus)
- Certifications and continuing education preferred
- English and Chinese language proficiency preferred
- Play a full role in the leadership team of UWC Changshu.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a College Wide “Technology Strategic Plan”.
- Contribute to the review and development of college policies and practice.
- Review and update documentation, handbooks and website on related matters
- Assist with the process and documentation for Accreditation.
- Fulfil other responsibilities as assigned by the Principal
EDUCATION AND TECHNOLOGY
- Collaborate extensively with Vice Principal (Education) to maximize the impact of technology in improving quality of teaching and learning.
- Promote learning and pedagogical practices in line with the UWC mission and values and compliance with the UWC Guiding Principles
- Maintains the International Society for Technology in Education National Technology Standards (ISTE)
- Systematically share the latest applications of technology as an instructional tool.
- Provide leadership and coordinates team of Ed. Tech integrators.
- Ensure education technology is effectively and appropriately articulated and integrated into the school-wide curriculum.
- Assess the impact of educational technology platforms and applications on a regular basis.
- Develop and administer surveys and other data collection methods to measure effectiveness.
- Manage and support all digital systems, applications, software and platforms for teaching and learning.
- Provide professional development training and resources to teachers in using digital systems and software.
- Ensure all equipment and software serve the needs of students and teachers
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with teachers to support their use of educational technology.
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Integrate school systems and IT resources
- Oversees IT operations.
- Develops IT-related policies, regulations and technology-use guidelines.
- Designs and implements IT strategies and infrastructure with regard to established goals and forecasts future needs, requirements and direction for technology strategic plan’ - Identifies and eliminates security risks.
- Ensures that resources are used in a sustainable manner, in the areas of hardware, software applications, service networks, etc.
- Set clear timelines for evaluation, development and deployment of technology.
- Assesses need for new equipment and software.
- Prepares progress and budget reports for Principal
- Builds and maintains relationships with outside vendors.
- Ensure effective end-user support for IT hardware and software systems.
- Reports to Principal – member of Heads Committee
- Works with Bursar, Vice Principal (Education) and Directors
- Attends Education and Academic Department Meetings
- Line Manager for IT Department and Information Services Personnel
The school offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with qualification and experience. The school is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We actively encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, national origin, age or disability.
How to Apply
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your email:
Address: No.88 Kunchenghuxi Road, Changshu, Jiangsu, China
· Cover letter
· Curriculum vitae (with three references)