Annual Giving Officer
UWC Pearson College
Annual Giving Officer
Who is Pearson College UWC
Founded as Lester B. Pearson College of the Pacific and United World College (Canada) in 1974, Pearson College UWC is one of eighteen UWC schools worldwide. Pearson is a unique, highly selective, two-year pre-university school for up to 200 students from across Canada and around the world chosen solely on their promise and potential and demonstrated commitment to actively engage in creating a better world. Students currently are selected from nearly 160 countries.
Pearson College UWC is privileged to learn, work, and live on the traditional territory of the Sc’ianew (Beecher Bay) First Nation.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Donor Engagement & Gift Planning, the Annual Giving Officer will be responsible for leading and implementing Pearson’s annual giving program by playing a key role in the engaging and inspiring community of alumni and supporters to champion the vision for the College’s future. This role involves developing and executing strategies to increase donor retention, acquisition, and engagement, and oversight of all aspects of the annual giving program. The incumbent will also play a critical role in enhancing and implementing the College’s donor stewardship and recognition programs.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Donor Engagement and Gift Planning, set performance targets, monitor, and manage overall performance of the program.
- Manage all direct mail and email appeals from concept to results reporting.
- Collaborate with the Communications team on digital fundraising strategies and content creation to promote giving programs in publications, social media, and online.
- Manage the Monthly and Recurring Giving program including donor relations, acquisition appeals and campaigns, as well as recognition and stewardship activities.
- Conduct individual outreach to donors up to the $5,000 level.
- Act as the primary contact person for peer-to-peer and affinity campaigns.
- Establish and manage a Tribute Giving program, using relevant fundraising strategies to grow this revenue.
- Stay updated with current trends in fundraising appeals and donor stewardship and maintain a current knowledge of tax and other regulatory issues related to charitable status and charitable giving.
- Develop and implement donor stewardship and recognition plans to ensure reporting to donors in a timely, consistent, and accurate manner on the use, impact, and financial management of their gifts.
- Act as a key philanthropic content creator for Annual Impact and other reports, updates, digital content; various letters and donor reports.
- Coordinate plaques, donor walls and signage, as appropriate.
- Prepare custom stewardship reports at fiscal year-end and/or at completion of campaign pledges.
- Coordinate student letters for every Named Scholarship.
- Prepare custom gift agreements as needed.
- Act as main stewardship contact for the UWC International Office and facilitate the stewardship requirements for all international funding to Pearson.
- Navigate and assess donor relations and stewardship best practices in the philanthropic industry (locally, regionally and globally).
- Other duties that may include administrative and event/reunion support as needed.
Post-secondary degree in a discipline related to the duties of the position or an equivalent combination of training, experience, and professional affiliation.
- 3+ years’ experience in supporting fundraising activities and writing compelling fundraising materials.
- Demonstrated skill in compelling storytelling, concise, logical, and grammatically correct writing with experience writing appeals, proposals, and reports.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to maximize the use of data in decision-making to conceive, execute and evaluate programs that enhance fundraising and donor engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and plan and achieve established goals.
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and work effectively with individuals and groups, especially volunteers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and foster good team relations.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising-specific databases is an asset.
- Computer software proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Salary: $60,000 to $75,000 depending on experience.
- Flexible schedule with the opportunity to consider a hybrid work arrangement.
- Four weeks of vacation. Additional paid time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Comprehensive Benefits plan (extended health and dental coverage).
- Matching RRSP program.
- Onsite meal program.
- Beautiful waterfront campus located on Pedder Bay in Metchosin with access to hiking trails, kayak use, and other outdoor activities.
- Work format: Hybrid.
How to apply
Interested candidates should visit the link to learn more about the position and how to apply.
Application deadline: We are accepting rolling applications until the position is filled.
As an inherent part of our United World College values, Pearson College UWC is actively committed to Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek individuals who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of privilege and power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.