(Re)Imagining Community / Cyprus
4 July - 16 July 2022
After two online short courses, UWC Cyprus is returning with a face-to-face summer programme! Join the UWC Short Course “(Re)Imagining Community” this summer in Cyprus.
The course will take place in the town of Kornos, where 36 participants will come together for two weeks. Participants will re-imagine what their communities can look like and be equipped with a toolkit to become young change makers.
Throughout the course, participants will work together to develop and design a social impact project. Working in diverse groups, matched by their interests, they will be able to experience the value of collaborative and inclusive teamwork.
During the course, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Learn more about and discuss issues like sustainability, diversity and inclusion, and social change
- Build their leadership and changemaker skills - and put them to the test as they develop a social impact proposal
- Join an experiential learning process that centres the participants’ voice and perspectives
- Meet with and make friends with like-minded peers from different cities, towns and countries
- Learn from an international team of facilitators
- Leave feeling more equipped to tackle global issues through local action
Dates: 4 July - 16 July 2022
Location: Kornos, Cyprus
Language of course facilitation: English
Course Eligibility: must be born in 2005, 2006 or 2007; must have intermediate English proficiency or higher
Requirements for Cypriot Participants: must have born in Cyprus (or one of your parents was born in Cyprus); must be resident in Cyprus
Application deadline: 20 May 2022
Course fee: this programme is funded by the European Union and all participants will be able to participate free of charge
Application details: find the application form here