Global Leadership Experience (GLE) / Wales, UK
30 July – 14 August 2021
Please note that applications for the Global Leadership Experience 2021 are now closed. Applicants can still join the waiting list via the below link.
The Global Leadership Experience (GLE) brings together passionate and aspirational young people from all around the world to explore the challenges shaping your planet and our future, while taking you on a journey towards becoming the changemakers and innovators to address these challenges.
Learning to lead, building critical thinking and decision-making skills and developing a global perspective to help create change in yourself is a good thing. Using those skills to generate ideas for social impact and be an advocate for positive change in the world – that’s a great thing. The Global Leadership Experience (GLE) is your chance to bring it all together.
In a 12th century castle by the sea in Wales, every day is packed with new experiences – from exploring the complex systems of the world (why some work and others simply don’t) to developing your own answers to the BIG ethical, social, environmental, political, geographic and economic questions that impact the lives of everyone. Through thought-provoking workshops, insightful discussions and comfort stretching outdoor activities, you will be invited to develop the 21st Century leadership needed at a global, local and personal level.
GLE seeks to build a community of young thinkers and does from across the globe committed to innovative and ethical leadership. The programme has been broken down into four key phases, based on an adapted Golden Circle model, which supports you in answering four key questions:
- Who - who am I?
- Why - what is my why?
- How - how can I influence by community?
- What - what am I actually going to do?
Through experiential education designed and delivered by Critical Engagement CIC, you will have the chance to develop strong foundations for critical thinking and personal engagement with issues of identity, diversity and social responsibility. Through a variety of different workshops and activities, you will explore what makes you the person and aspiring leader that you are, how this can shape your changemaking ambitions and what leadership is fit for the future world you envision.
- Personal Details
- About you – longer questions exploring your motivations and thoughts on leadership (if you would like, you may supplement these answers with additional material, e.g. a video, image, audio recording).
- Parent/Guardian information (to be completed by your parent/guardian)
- A reference (written by a referee such as your teacher).
- Share something about yourself, or something you have done, that you are proud of. (1000 characters)
- Why are you applying and what do you hope to gain from this course? (max 1000 characters)
- What will you contribute to the Global Leadership Experience (a specific perspective, skills, experiences)? (1000 characters)
- Describe what you understand leadership to mean, using an example or experience of “good” or “bad” leadership to explain this. (max 1000 characters)