Building a Sustainable Future
8 - 25 June 2023 & 24 July - 11 August 2023
The UWC short course Building a Sustainable Future will touch on issues within economic, environmental, and social sustainability – and their several intersections – to give young participants a chance to rethink sustainability in its complexity, and its challenges. These themes will be explored in a non-formal learning setting, including self-led projects, interactive workshops, debates, reflections, guest speakers, etc. Participants will be enabled to engage in discussions on sustainability critically and inform, envision the world in terms of a sustainable future, and contribute to this vision.
In 2023, Building a Sustainable Future will bring this mission into two courses:
The Online Course and the In-Person course happening in Germany.
Both courses aim to end the programme with a one-year fellowship in which participants are being supported in implementing their own projects.
Dates and location:
- Online: Divided into two parts. The first one from 8 to 25 June and the second one during one weekend in August
- In person: 24 July to 11 August. At the UWC Robert Bosch College
Language of course facilitation: English
- Online: 14-19 years at the time of the course
- In person: 15-19 years at the time of the course
Application information: the application is open for German participants directly, while the UWC national committees of North Macedonia, Spain, Lebanon, Ukraine, and Greece are nominating young people to join BSF ‘23 In-Person using their own selection processes. Find the application form here
Application deadline: 15 May 2023
- Online: EUR 50
- In person: EUR 450 (includes accommodation and board; travelling costs are not included)