Connecting with the Mediterranean / Lebanon
8 July 2018 - 18 July 2018
Connecting with the Mediterranean is a UWC Short Course offered for the first time this year by the Lebanese UWC National Committee. The mission of this programme is:
- To encourage participants' self-development through workshops exploring questions of identity and culture.
- To gain more awareness of some of the most relevant issues facing us today, both with a regional focus (conflict, migration) and global focus (conflict, competition for resources, sustainable development), as well as a focus on technology and the future.
- To build regional connections amongst youth and learn to help create inclusive communities.
- To be introduced to the culture and complexities of Lebanon through specialized interventions, workshops and guided visits.
- To empower participants with guidance on the creation of their own projects.
Cost: US $600 for UWC national committee-introduced international participants; US $700 for non-subsidised students from Lebanon
Scholarship Availability: A limited number of course fee waivers will be available for low-income and refugee participants from Lebanon (to be distributed on the basis of need)
Location: American University of Beirut campus, Beirut
Age Range: 15-18 years
Dates: July 8-18, 2018