Multiple Vacancies - Teacher
6 December 2019
UWC Waterford Kamhlaba
Waterford Kamhlaba is a United World College situated in the Kingdom of Eswatini - Mbabane with a worldwide reputation for academic excellence and for producing well-rounded students committed to making a difference.
- Mission Statement: WKUWCSA strives to lay the foundation for its students to become responsible citizens who have the skills, knowledge, and sense of purpose to provide leadership in both Africa and the world.
- Our Values: We passionately believe that all young people must be given access to education of the highest standard to enable them to realize their potential. The school values its socio-economic and cultural diversity with the fundamental tennent of respect at the core.
- Academics: Waterford provides a challenging and transformational education through the IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) and IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma Programmes, taught by a cohort of very diverse, highly qualified and committed staff.
The following positions are available:
- French Teacher (IBDP/IGCSE) – Full time
- Business and Economics (IBDP/IGCSE) – Part time
- Geography and Global Perspectives (IGCSE) – 6 Months temporary cover (January – June 2020)
- English (IBDP/IGCSE) – 6 months temporary cover (January – June 2020)
- Knowledge and appreciation of Waterford Kamhlaba’s legacy and the UWC movement ethos and values.
- Willing to engage and participate in co-curricular activities such as sports and community service.
- Self motivated and able to work independently.
- An understanding of modern practices of pastoral care in a residential learning institute. Bachelor's Degree majoring in relevant fields preferred, a Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years teaching experience, IBDP related would be an added advantage. Professional teaching qualification e.g. PGCE. If the candidate doesn’t have one, willingness to obtain qualification within the first contract is required.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people at the College.
Regionally competitive salary (depending on qualifications and experience)
Accommodation with on-campus meals for teacher and dependents from outside of Eswatini.
Pastoral care allowance
Subsidized education for dependants (only applicable to full time posts)
Enquiries and applications (together with an abbreviated CV) should be emailed to
reach the College by 30 November 2019. The starting date for the above-mentioned
vacancies are January 6, 2020. Please do not attach any supporting documents.
Tel +268 24220866/7/8
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.