IB Mathematics Teacher
UWC-USA is seeking to appoint a teacher of International Baccalaureate (IB) Mathematics for the academic year 2017/18.
The ideal applicant will hold a Master’s degree in Mathematics, or a related field, and have taught successfully for a minimum of three years in the subject.
- Ability to teach IB Mathematics (SL and HL)
- Teaching experience in an IB school or IB training an asset
- Energetic teacher with a demonstrated passion for teaching
- Experience in a residential school and/or willingness to be fully engaged in residential life
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Exemplary communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization and planning
- Ability to recognize individual learning styles and the characteristics of learners, particularly the needs of English language learners
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate technology into teaching
- Commitment to experiential and/or service learning activities
- Awareness of and passion for the UWC mission
UWC-USA is an international boarding school. It enrols 240 students in grades 11 and 12. All students follow the IB Diploma program. Roughly twenty percent of the students come from the USA; the remainder represent over 80 different countries. Students are admitted on the basis of merit.
A letter of interest specific to the position, resume and a list of references may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. UWC-USA is an equal opportunity employer.