Director of Marketing and Communications
The Director of Marketing and Communications (Director) engages with supporters, prospective students, parents, alumni, and friends, as well as other audiences in order to advance the UWC-USA mission. The Director is responsible for all marketing and communications.
Key responsibilities are:
- Create and execute an integrated and strategic marketing strategy and ensure that the UWC brand, brand values, and key messages are consistent and clearly communicated through the school’s website, social media platforms, print, and other media.
- Promote and enhance UWC-USA’s profile locally, nationally, and internationally, thereby supporting the school’s fundraising capacity and enrollment in all programs.
- With an understanding of the school’s mission and role in international education, communicate and market the school systematically and strategically with key constituencies:
- current and potential donors
- current and alumni parents
- prospective students and families
- registrants for summer youth and teacher programs
- Manage the process of moving the school to a new mobile-friendly, data-informed website that helps the school meet strategic goals.
- Represent UWC-USA externally to supporters and suppliers, presenting a compelling case for support, and/or prepare the president and other staff to do so.
- Professional marketing qualifications with a proven track record (minimum 3 years) in a senior marketing role
- Minimum level of education: bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications related subject, preference for Masters degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with and understanding of web-content management, including gathering and assessing analytics
- High level of creativity and ability to demonstrate evidence of success in a range of marketing areas such as advertising, branding, promotion, customer care, and public relations
Highly Desirable Skills and Attributes:
- Background in media or journalism
- Knowledge and understanding of website administration and technical management functions
- Experience moving to a new website platform
- Experience with marketing via numerous social media platforms
- Media skills including photography, video filming and editing
- Strong sense of aesthetics to manage and/or execute design projects
- Experience in financial/budget control
- A proactive approach with a ‘can-do’ and flexible attitude
- A self-starter, with a determination to succeed
- Ability to work independently, on own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to work long hours occasionally or after hours, as required
- Highly methodical, organized and totally focused; ability to multi-task whilst paying attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of and communicate the ethos and ideals of UWC-USA, and international education
- A professional and mature approach to work with an ability to build strong rapport with a broad spectrum of people – journalists, current students, alumni, suppliers, donors and benefactors, and high profile visitors
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The benefits package is excellent and includes medical, life and disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and professional development opportunities.
UWC-USA does not discriminate in its educational programs, activities, or admission and employment practices based on race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, ancestry, or any other legally protected class.
Please complete a UWC-USA application for employment and send a letter of interest, a current resume, and three references (in MS Word format or PDF as attachments) via email to Victoria Lovato at firstname.lastname@example.org