UWC is a life-long experience
The UWC Hub
The UWC Hub is a web platform and mobile app that will bring together the UWC community around the world to connect with each other and stay up to date with the many activities happening across the UWC movement. The UWC Hub will launch in autumn 2016 and will be open to alumni, staff and former staff affiliated with all UWC schools and colleges.
The UWC Hub is a web platform and mobile app that brings together the UWC community around the world to connect with each other and stay up to date with the many activities happening across the UWC movement. The overall aim of the UWC Hub is to strengthen the UWC community, to encourage engagement and positive action, to increase UWC’s collective impact and advance the UWC mission. The UWC Hub is open to alumni from all all over the world, as well as staff and former staff from all of the UWC schools and colleges.
The UWC Hub can:
- Enable users to find each other according to their location, profession and UWC affiliations
- Facilitate social and professional connections, including mentoring
- Act as a ‘one stop shop’ where users can find and post events, volunteer and job opportunities and initiatives, bringing in and linking out to existing channels, including social media
- Enable you to discover what’s new with your UWC school/college and your national committee, including upcoming events and opportunities for engagement
- Facilitate collaborations on projects and causes, through providing a space and allowing users to indicate their skills and seek or offer help
- Serve as a safe space for discussions with others, which can either be private or open to the wider community
To access the UWC Hub, use the unique link that you have received via e-mail. Please note that this may have appeared in the third party promotions section of your inbox. You can also register directly, but it may take longer to approve you. We will be launching the app version that is compatible for both Android and Apple devices shortly - more on this soon!
The UWC Hub is provided by UWC, but is driven by the UWC community. We look forward to seeing many of you there!
For more information, see the FAQ on the UWC website.
UWCx is a new way for UWC to recognise and support initiatives that further the UWC mission. Such initiatives could be many different things: running an alumni group in your city, a global interest group or organising a one off event. Anyone can run a UWCx initiative – whether you’re an alumnus, staff member, parent, volunteer or a friend of UWC.
UWC recognises that a UWC education is not an end in itself but a means to an end. We value the great commitment of the UWC community to service, innovation and outreach activities around the UWC mission. UWCx aims to encourage this commitment even more - and to provide a tool to recognise, support, connect and publicise initiatives that make UWC a movement for a peaceful and sustainable future. UWC’s reach and impact can be exponential, and UWCx will be a key way of making this a reality.
New UWC Resource Folder
The UWC Extranet is no longer available. All documents and resources that were available on the Extranet have been moved to Google, into a new UWC Resource folder. Should you wish to be granted access to it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UWC Day is the annual global celebration of the UWC mission and values. This year, UWC Day is celebrated on 21 September 2016 and, as the UWC Congress 2016, it is inspired by the slogan "Connect - Challenge - Celebrate".
There are many exciting events happening around the world on and around the day and we hope you will be able to get involved! For the full list of events click here.