UWC strategic plan
This strategic plan is an opportunity to place our current work and our future development within a strategic framework that will set a course for the next 5 years (2010-2015), a period which spans UWC moving beyond its first half century. The strategic plan represents a move beyond the ‘vision objectives’ established in 2005, which were then a major step forward, and has come about as a result of consultation throughout the UWC family. It was adopted by the UWC Council and International Board in October 2009 and is a living document which will be reviewed annually and when necessary updated by the Board and UWC Council. It will also form the core of the Board’s and
UWC Council’s priorities in this period.
The strategic plan focuses on six strategic objectives which form its
key themes. These are divided into further specific objectives. The
strategic plan is supported by an action plan which identifies the
steps required to achieve each objective. These steps will enable the
International Board and UWC Council to develop annual plans and assess
progress towards completion of the objectives on an annual basis.The strategic objectives
Download a PDF of the strategic plan (105.56KB)Download a PDF of the action plan (100.04KB)
- To ensure that UWC’s model of education maintains relevance and becomes more widely known as an example of education for a peaceful and sustainable future.
- To extend UWC’s impact.
- To strengthen and develop the UWC National Committee system.
- To create a secure and sustainable financial and funding model.
- To increase awareness, recognition and understanding of UWC.
- To continue to strengthen organisational effectiveness and unity.